Friday, October 30, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...


Happy Halloween, Folks!

There are many reasons why this is one of my favorite times of the year: good sweater and quilt-nesting weather, watching the colors in the leaves under the unique autumn light, endless apples and squash and excuses to dress strangely.

This year, I will attempt to turn myself into a squid. The squid costume is still, the day before, a pile of gray and pearly fabric. Magic happens, though, so we'll see what transformation the next 24 hours will bring.

I still haven't totally solved my hard drive issues, but I have figured a couple circumnavigations for getting files from here to there. In that spirit, I offer one of my favorite Halloween songs,
Mel Tormé's "Monsters Lead Such Interesting Lives"

And now, I need to go steam my tamales to take to my students' Día de los Muertos celebration. Until today, I really hadn't gotten any indication of how beautiful their ofrendas would be, but they are quite something to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment